Job no: 492725
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Wangara
Duratec is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 12 branches across Australia servicing the mining, oil and gas, industrial and marine industries along with government assets and commercial infrastructure including heritage buildings.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to an ever growing portfolio of awarded contracts within the commercial, industrial and defence sectors, we are currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant for an immediate start to join our growing Perth team on a Full Time basis. Reporting to the Procurement and Assets Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting with the coordination of procurement, supply of materials & equipment to our workforce Australia wide.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Assisting with the end to end logistic and procurement process
- Preparation of on-line purchase orders, requisitions and submission to suppliers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with coordinating logistics of materials to rural sites
- Customer service and assisting with queries or placement of orders
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Outlook
- Updating the procurement system and participating in stock control
- Time management, prioritisation and completion of tasks according to importance and urgency
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within the construction industry
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Strong team player with sound verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of stock control processes and enjoys warehouse and office environments.
- Proactive, good timekeeping and reliable
- Proven understanding of end to end procurement
- Proven working experience with large ERP system (JDE) advantageous
- High levels of computer competency
- Great customer service skills
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE:
We are currently undergoing a period of rapid growth and are seeking motivated, highly organised individuals with strong interpersonal skills to join our project delivery and support teams. Our supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Work-Life Balance
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you!! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend