Graduate Site Engineer
Job no: 492723
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Graduate Opportunities, Project Engineering
Duratec is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 15 branches across Australia servicing the mining, oil and gas, industrial and marine industries along with government assets and commercial infrastructure including heritage buildings. Our highly experienced Defence division is dedicated to the delivery of capital facilities infrastructure and estate works program projects across Australia nationally.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to continued growth within our NSW Defence team, we are currently seeking a switched-on Graduate Site Engineer. This role will involve both office-based works in our Newington office and some site-based projects around the NSW region, commencing at our operations in Richmond. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the project team in all day to day operations and running of Defence building and remediation projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and coordination of works, equipment and personnel
- Preparing and submitting progress claims
- Monitoring project costs
- Co-coordinating direct labour workforce and sub-contractors
- Programming and scheduling works
- Quantity take offs
- Preparing tender submissions
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is ideal
- Previous experience in a similar Graduate role with 1-2 years site experience – highly regarded but not a must
- Defence experience will be very favourable but again not a must
- Must be an Australian Permanent resident or Citizen due to requirement of Defence pass
- A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work methodically and autonomously
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel to remote sites as required
- Ability to prioritize and meet conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company, then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend