Job no: 493228
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Gladstone, Brisbane
Categories: Project Engineering
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor offering a full range of remediation services with more than 15 branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to continued growth within Queensland, we are currently seeking enhance our team with an enthusiastic Site Engineer to work on projects for our blue-chip mining clients. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the project team in all day-to-day operations and running of our construction projects in Gladstone.
This role can be based in Brisbane FIFO to Gladstone or locally based in Gladstone.
- Planning and coordination of works, equipment and personnel
- Procurement and subcontract engagement
- Drive HSEQ and HSEQ compliance
- Managing ITPs and Quality documentation
- Handling RFI’s
- Preparing and submitting progress claims
- Monitoring project costs
- Co-coordinating direct labour workforce and sub-contractors
- Programming and scheduling works
- Quantity take offs
- Preparing tender submissions
- Undertaking site inspection to ensure works are completed according to specification
Along with post-grad experience in a site-based environment, you will also have:
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Have sound verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop positive stakeholder relationships
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Experience with site inspections
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team member
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- A strong ability to work with MS Excel, Word and Project (as well as any other specific software packages relating to cost control and cost reporting)
- Willingness to travel to remote sites as required
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Laptop and phone
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on Apply and complete the online application form. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6992.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend