Site Engineer/Junior Project Manager
Job no: 493543
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Project Management, Project Engineering
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor with a national footprint of 16 branches across Australia providing innovative whole of life engineering, construction and remediation solutions in Construction, Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Marine, Industrial and Commercial industries.
Join our vibrant Mayfield East, Newcastle based team!
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Work-life balance
- Challenging role with opportunity to work across the best projects
- Opportunity to grow into senior roles
- Learning and development opportunities to help you achieve your career goals
- Vibrant cohesive team culture
- Community activities and social groups events
- Employee recognition programs to further reward you for your hard work
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
Due to growth in our portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking an enthusiastic Site Engineer with a residential or commercial construction background to join our Defence operations in Newcastle, NSW. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the project team in all day-to-day operations and running of our building refurbishment and remediation projects, initially working on a project in Singleton.
Along with planning and coordination of works, equipment and personnel, tasks include:
- planning and coordination of works, equipment and personnel
- undertaking procurement requirements
- compiling and creating QA/QC documentation
- coordinating direct labour workforce, suppliers and sub-contractors
- quantity take-offs
- provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
- ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
As well as post graduate experience in similar role within the building and construction industry, the successful candidate will have:
- tertiary qualifications in civil, construction, project management or an engineering discipline 1-2 years’ experience preferred although not necessary
- the ability to positively influence, develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- an understanding of the bigger picture and ability to self-manage own workload while working well in a team
- a genuine concern for the safety of self and others
- excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and manage deadlines
Please note: All our defence construction roles require a current police clearance to be provided during the recruitment process.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6992.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend