Job no: 493124
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Balcatta
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor offering a full range of remediation services with more than 15 branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking an experienced and proactive Estimator to join our Estimating team, based in our Balcatta office. Reporting into the Estimating Manager, you will primarily be responsible for estimating tenders and quotes, and ensuring that these tenders are accurate, submitted on time and within the conditions of the tender. You will engage with internal and external stakeholders and work as part of a supportive and growing Estimating team.
- Providing accurate cost and drafting estimates
- Collecting and following up on quotes from suppliers
- Executing tender requests and submissions
- Maintaining and producing accurate project records and reports
- Conduct commercial, risk and profitability reviews
- Detailed tender handover with traceability and support into pre-contracts and delivery
- Liaising with the team to ensure effective communication across all projects
Ideally you maintain previous experience as an Estimator from the building and construction industry. Your ability to be flexible and have a "can-do" attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills, will ensure that you succeed in this role. We are looking for:
- Experience gained within a contractor environment similar to Duratec and/or experience in the remediation environment would be highly beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and professionalism
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- A strong, financial and commercial acumen is also a must, as well as the ability to identify new project opportunities and ensuring a high success rate of team bids
- High level attention to detail and the ability to work to set timeframes
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management / Quantity Surveying / Engineering or similar equivalent
- Flexibility to travel on an adhoc basis
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including.
- Laptop, mobile phone and free parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form. Please contact Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6992 if you have any queries.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend