Job no: 493010
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Project Management
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor offering a full range of remediation services with 15 branches across Australia servicing the Defence, Mining, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
Due to newly awarded contracts, we are seeking expression of interests from experienced Project Managers, preferably with a water authority background to join our NSW operations team working out of our Newcastle office. Reporting to the NSW State Manager, you will be primarily responsible for overall management of projects including planning, coordination and controlling remediation projects through to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Controlling and managing all aspects of the project including all financials
- Project managing from initial site setup to completion
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Ensuring effective cost control and efficient running of the project
- Issuing POs and engaging and managing direct local labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting and conducting weekly meetings with the client
- Provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
- Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
Along with demonstrated experience in a similar role within the construction industry (Water Authority, mining, marine, defence, blast/paint remediation and concrete repair experience/exposure is advantageous in this role), you will have:
- Have a high level of understanding and appreciation for safety
- Commercial/contracts management experience is advantageous
- Extensive project management and delivery skills, including budgeting, coordinating work priorities, cost control, stakeholder management, subcontractor management, documentation, statutory approvals, and leading project teams.
- The ability to develop and influence positive stakeholder relationships
- Tertiary qualifications in either Civil Engineering, Building or Construction Management
- Flexibility to travel to regional sites intermittently
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including.
- Laptop, phone and car allowance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form. If you would like to have a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6992.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend