Entry Level HSECQ Advisor
Job no: 492733
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Wangara
Categories: Health Safety Environment & Quality
Duratec is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 15 branches across Australia servicing the mining, oil and gas, industrial and marine industries along with government assets and commercial infrastructure including heritage buildings.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to an ever growing portfolio of awarded contracts within the commercial, mining, industrial and defence sectors, we are currently seeking a motivated Entry Level HSE Advisor to join our growing North West Project Team. Reporting to the HSECQ Coordinator and with a dotted line to the NW Area Manager, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for assisting with the support of HSECQ compliance with management system policies, management plans and procedures. This position will be predominately based in the North West region at our remote offices or onsite projects, working on a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth with occasional work required in our Perth office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Support the delivery of effective assistance on HSECQ matters across our North West Projects
- Assisting with the implementation, maintenance and regular review of the Duratec HSECQ Management System in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001-Quality, AS 4801-Safety, AS14001-Environmental and Federal Accreditation
- Support the HSECQ Management team with internal and external system audits
- Assist in ensuring the management of incidents, accidents, injuries, return to work and workers compensation claims are maintained in a timely manner
- Support the continuous development and maintenance of a positive best practice safety culture and risk identification and mitigation approach to safety management throughout all company operations.
- Co-ordinate and provide local HSECQ training (including inductions, site competency assessments), relevant to all company operations.
- Assisting with ensuring Sub-Contractor HSECQ practices are aligned with Duratec standards.
- Relevant HSECQ reports, (including incidents, LTIFR, TRIFR, AIFR’s and KPI’s etc.) are produced accurately, on time each month to support management
- Take part in HSECQ training as required
- Participate in pre-start meetings and toolbox meetings
- Assist in the development of HSEQ Management Plans, Risk Assessments and Safe Work Methods Statements
- Assist in other Project Delivery Team duties as required
- Liaise with the head office HSECQ team
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety or similar discipline
- Possess a minimum of 1-3 years' experience in a similar role preferably experience working within the building and construction industry
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong team player with the ability to multi task and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability and flexibility to travel to the North West Region as required
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a passionate HSE Advisor looking to make their mark whilst working for a positive and cohesive organisation with a strong reputation. If you are looking for a challenging position with genuine development and progression opportunities, then we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will work in a number of industry sectors including mining, construction and marine environments while gaining experience in a variety of different types of works performed by Duratec. An attractive remuneration package is on offer, negotiable with skills and experience. Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you. To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend