Job no: 493224
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Project Management, Project Supervisors
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor offering a full range of remediation services with more than 15 branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts within our defence sector, we are currently seeking an experienced Site Manager to join our VIC Defence Team. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for overall management of the project sites through to completion, starting with our Puckapunyal project site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for assisting the project team in all day to day operations and running of site activities for the project. As well as management of the project from set up to completion from a site perspective, you will be involved in:
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Ensuring effective cost control and efficient running of the project
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting to the Project Management
- Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
Along with several years’ experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry (Defence construction and/or refurbishment experience is highly regarded), to be successful in this role you will maintain:
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of smaller projects and site-based resources
- Outstanding communication skills at all levels with the ability to form rewarding workplace relationships at all levels including the ability to negotiate and influence in a positive way
- Leadership qualities with a proven ability to develop employees and build strong successful teams
- Trade certification
The successful candidate will need to pass a police check and medical (including ongoing drug and alcohol testing) and be eligible for a DCAC pass.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Either a fully maintained vehicle or a car allowance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6992.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend