Job no: 492721
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
Duratec is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 15 branches across Australia servicing the Defence, mining, oil and gas, industrial and marine industries along with government assets and commercial infrastructure including heritage buildings.
Due to an exciting and rapid growth period, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate with either a Senior Estimating or Senior Quantity Surveying background in our NSW division working out of our Newington office.
Reporting to the State Manager you will manage a small team and be responsible for and have oversight of the work-up of estimates and quotes, ensuring they are accurate. Development and submission of tenders on time and within the conditions of the tender. You will play a critical role in driving Duratec’s continued growth and success in the market.
Your key duties will include:
- Acting as the face of the business when dealing with clients, including pre and post tender meetings
- Liaising with the team to ensure pre-contracts output efficiencies are met
- Executing tender requests and submissions
- Liaising with the delivery arm of the business to understand and capture performance metrics including;
- Commercial, risk and profitability reviews
- Detailed tender handover with traceability and support from pre-contracts to project handover
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
To be considered for this position you will have tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or similar with considerable experience in an estimating capacity, preparing lump sum tenders and cost plans within the construction industry.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience working with commercial construction companies within Australia on projects between $5 - $25 million in value
- A minimum of 8 years commercial construction experience, with exposure to civil, building refurbishment and remediation, including façade cladding
- Bid Management experience with the ability to prepare tenders for market including full compliance of tender documentation with client requirements
- Exceptional negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and professionalism
- A strong, financial and commercial acumen is also a must, and will assist you in the accurate preparation of cost plans, as well as in identifying new project opportunities and ensuring a high success rate of team bids
- Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Ability to collaborate as part of a high-performing team
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Possess a strong work ethic, good organisational skills and have the ability to meet strict deadlines within a fast-paced working environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced and dedicated professional to make their mark whilst working for a positive and cohesive organisation with a strong reputation. If you are looking for a challenging position with genuine development and progression opportunities, then we want to hear from you.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer, negotiable with skills and experience.
Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of additional employee benefits including employee recognition programs and mentoring by industry leaders.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position and think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to hear from you! Apply Now.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend