Job no: 492712
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
Duratec Australia is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 15 branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
Due to an ever-growing portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking a proactive Estimator to join our Northern Territory Division, based in our Darwin office. You will primarily be responsible for estimating tenders & quotes, and ensuring that these tenders are accurate, submitted on time and within the conditions of the tender. You will be engaging with internal and external stakeholders and working as part of a supportive and growing projects division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing accurate cost and drafting estimates
- Collecting and following up on quotes from suppliers
- Executing tender requests and submissions
- Maintaining and producing accurate project records and reports
- Conduct commercial, risk and profitability reviews
- Detailed tender handover with traceability and support into pre-contracts and delivery
- Liaising with the team to ensure effective communication across all projects
Ideally you will have similar experience as an Estimator, engaging with internal and external stakeholders. Your ability to be flexible and have a "can-do" attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills, will ensure that you succeed in this role.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management / Quantity Surveying / Engineering or similar equivalent
- Experience gained within a contractor environment similar to Duratec and/or experience in the remediation environment would be highly beneficial
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry with specific
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and professionalism
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- A strong, financial and commercial acumen is also a must, as well as the ability to identify new project opportunities and ensuring a high success rate of team bids
- Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- High level attention to detail & the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Enthusiastic and strong work ethic with a passion for working in construction industry
- Highly competent and meticulous nature
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend