Job no: 493958
Work type: FT - White
Location: Port Hedland
Categories: Health Safety Environment & Quality
Reporting to the HSEQ Lead, you will be responsible for the provision of support of HSEQ compliance with management system policies, management plans and procedures across a range of construction projects. This role is permanent and offers exposure to a diverse range of projects across the Northwest which include exposure to tier 1 clients such as BHP, FMG, Rio Tinto, and PPA.
- Assisting management to encourage a healthy safe and environmentally responsible working culture amongst personnel.
- Creation and implementation of HSEQ documentation for a diverse range of projects.
- Advising and educating site personnel of legislative requirements and changes to comply with company procedures.
- Administering incident and hazard reporting processes and actions as per company procedures.
- Join a team of HSEQ advisors providing HSEQ support across our North West projects.
- Work with tier 1 mining clients such as BHP, FMG, and Rio Tinto to assist with project delivery and HSEQ on site.
- Conduct HSEQ site inspections and audits, pre-start meetings and Toolbox meetings.
- Coordinate HESQ training programs including the maintenance of competency standards.
- Actively analysing HSEQ performance, reporting, system updates.
- Maintaining the company Integrated Management System to the 45001, 9001, 14001 and OFSC accreditation levels.
- You are an enthusiastic advocate of safety with the ability to influence others
- You have strong knowledge of WHS legislation and compliance
- You are a confident communicator and recognise the essential role of every employee, subcontractor, and site leader in delivering safe work outcomes on our projects
- Good time management skills and can multitask with multiple stakeholders
- You have an essential qualification in Health & Safety, or equivalent
- You hold a current driver’s license as this role will require site visits
- You are computer literate and have a firm understanding of Microsoft office programs.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
- Opportunity to thrive, develop and grow in a supportive environment
- Options for further external training courses
- Training on HSEQ systems & programs (Chemalert, INX incontrol, SAI global)
- Opportunity to gain exposure to other core areas of the business.
- Family values company and work life balance
- Ongoing rewards & recognition programs
- Employee referral programs up to $2000
- Attractive salary supported by a weekly pay cycle
- Company paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging options
- Discounted health and wellbeing services
- First Aid and Mental First Aid Support Officers available
Please submit your resume today and one of our friendly recruiters will be in touch with next steps.
Duratec Australia is an ASX listed Engineering, Construction and Remediation project contractor with a fast-growing national presence. We lead the way in providing whole-of-life solutions for assets across the Defence, Marine, Mining, Energy, and commercial sectors. Our impressive portfolio of unique and challenging projects includes defence buildings and infrastructure, ports and wharves, power stations, stadiums, and historic buildings, just to name a few!
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend