Supervisor | WA Defence
Job no: 493229
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - West Perth, Perth - Wangara
Categories: Project Management, Project Engineering, Project Supervisors
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor offering a full range of remediation services with more than 15 branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts within our defence sector, we are currently seeking an experienced site Supervisor to join our WA Based Defence Team. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible in supervising across multiple project sites through to completion. This role is 50% hands on and 50% site supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for assisting the project team in all day to day supervision of site activities for the project. As well as assisting from set up to completion from a site perspective, you will be involved in:
- Supervising teams in terms of safety, productivity, and quality to meet industry and company standards on a variety of works throughout the business
- Manage and capture workforce hours and productivity
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Liaise closely with the Site Manager and Project Manager to ensure projects run to program
Along with supervisor experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry (Defence construction and/or refurbishment experience is highly regarded), to be successful in this role you will maintain:
- Previous experience supervising a portfolio of smaller projects and site-based resources
- Strong communication skills at all levels with the ability to form rewarding workplace relationships at all levels including the ability to negotiate and influence in a positive way
- Experience in HAZMAT removal and refurbishment
- Experience – General building/construction, building refurbishments, civils/trenching, and installation of utility services.
- Trade certification
The successful candidate will need to pass a police check and medical (including ongoing drug and alcohol testing) and be eligible for a DCAC pass including an Australian Citizenship or permanent residency requirement.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Open to annual salary or hourly rate
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend