Job no: 493209
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Balcatta
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor offering a full range of remediation services with more than 15 branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join our highly successful estimating team based in our Balcatta office, within our busy Defence Division.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, you will be responsible for estimating and scheduling for tenders, ensuring they are accurate, submitted on time and within the conditions of the tender. You will play a critical role in driving Duratec’s continued growth and success in the market.
- Demonstrate the ability to calculate and collate quantities in a timely manner
- Read, understand and interpret technical drawings
- Conduct on screen take offs
- Confidently communicate and work closely with different departments
- Collecting and following up on quotes from suppliers
- Executing tender requests and submissions
As well as a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role, ideally with a PQS or contractor background, you will have:
- A strong interest in pre planning and construction projects
- Be able to prioritise and work to time limits
- Ability to collaborate as part of a high-performing team
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Possess a strong work ethic, good organisational skills and can meet strict deadlines within a busy working environment
- Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Tertiary qualifications in in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or similar desirable
This role will suit those considering the transition from QS to an Estimator.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Phone, laptop and free parking included
- Employee recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend