Project Engineer / Assistant Project Manager
Job no: 493198
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Project Management, Project Engineering
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor offering a full range of remediation services with more than 15 branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
Due to growth in our portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking an enthusiastic Project Engineer/Assistant PM with a construction background to join our Newcastle operations. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the project team in all day to day operations and running of our remediation projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- planning and coordination of works, equipment and personnel
- compiling and creating QA/QC documentation
- coordinating direct labour workforce, suppliers and sub-contractors
- programming and scheduling works
- quantity take-offs
- ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
As well as post grad experience in similar role within the building and construction industry with site-based experience, the successful candidate will be enthusiastic, keen to learn and have:
- residential and general building experience
- experience working on multiple projects concurrently
- previously managed or ran any size/scale project, small or large
- an understanding of the bigger picture and the detail with the ability to self-manage own workload while working well in a team
- Trade qualification or experience on construction sites
- Proficient software skills including the MS Office Suite
This opportunity requires candidates to provide a police check and the ability to complete a medical.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive remuneration and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6992.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend