Job no: 493072
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Wangara
Categories: Health Safety Environment & Quality
Duratec is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor with over 15 branches across Australia servicing the Defence, Mining, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
Due to a growing portfolio of awarded contracts within the mining sector, we have an exciting opportunity for a recent HSE Graduate to join our friendly safety team. This role can be offered as a 2/1 FIFO from Perth or residentially based in Port Hedland or Karratha. In this role you will be have the opportunity to gain experience across a number of different elements within the construction and mining industry i.e. abrasive blasting, painting, scaffolding, working at heights, confined spaces, crane works, steel & concrete repair, working over water, rope access, and building maintenance.
Reporting to the HSE Coordinator and joining the North West HSE team, you will be assisting with the provision of support of HSE compliance with management system policies, management plans and procedures for various sites in the North West region of WA. Your role will allow you to gain onsite experience working with several different clients such as Rio Tinto, BHP, FMG, and PPA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the delivery of effective assistance on HSE matters across various projects
- Assist in ensuring the management of incidents, accidents, injuries, return to work and workers compensation claim are maintained in a timely manner
- Support the HSEQ Management team with internal and external system audits
- Assisting to ensure compliance with legislative and client requirements
- Take part in HSECQ training as required
- Support with site inspections
- Assist in the development of Safe Work Methods Statements and Risk Assessments
- Assist in other Project Delivery Team duties as required
- Recently obtained University Degree in Health, Safety & Environment – A must
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong team player with the ability to multitask and can work to deadlines
- Construction Safety Awareness Training (white card / blue card)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Adaptable, creative and a proactive individual who is willing to learn
- Flexible to travel to various sites across WA
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We are seeking motivated and organised individuals with strong interpersonal skills to join our project delivery and support teams. Our supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including a competitive salary and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Work-Life Balance
- Training and Development opportunities
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend