Contracts Administrator / Quantity Surveyor
Job no: 493042
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
DDR Indigenous Contractors is an Indigenous owned and managed company operating Australia-wide. We deliver Construction, Maintenance and Civil projects across a wide range of industries including Mining, Defence and Infrastructure.
DDR Indigenous Contractors Australia is committed to the genuine engagement of Indigenous people ensuring that we establish a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and understanding of indigenous culture.
Due to our expanding portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking a proactive and experienced Contracts Administrator to join our East Arm, Darwin based DDR team.
Reporting to the State Commercial Lead NT, you will primarily be responsible for the overall contract and commercial management within our Darwin DDR operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Assisting project management teams with forecasting costs and reporting
- Preparation of variation proposals in conjunction with Project Managers
- Provide ongoing commercial and contractual support for the project teams on a day to day basis
- Carry out administration, including Document Control, RFIs, Submittals, and Transmittals and Variation registers
- Preparation/ negotiation/ letting of subcontract packages, and procurement scheduling
- Negotiations, monitor, review, analyse and prepare subcontractor and supplier contracts, variations and contract notices and update existing contracts
- Project closing out, administering Deeds of Release and Final Accounts
- Identifications areas of risk, exposure and opportunity and reporting
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Construction Management, QS, Project Management)
- Extensive experience in a similar commercial role
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Proven experience in the preparation of contract agreements
- Understanding the risks and limitations associated with all project legal agreements and requirements
- Sound working knowledge of project administration and project control applications
- Outstanding ability to engage relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and internal stakeholders to build mutually beneficial relationships
- Positive negotiation, conflict and influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – an ability to present information to a range of audiences
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and SharePoint
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
DDR Indigenous Contractors is a busy, successful project delivery environment that will suit well organised people with strong interpersonal skills willing to work as part of experienced teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation and play an integral part in its success and continued growth.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company, then we want to hear from you. To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form. Please contact Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor for queries relating to this role on 08 6206 6992.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly recommended to apply!
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend