Job no: 492816
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Balcatta
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
Duratec is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor with over 15 branches across Australia servicing the Defence, mining, oil and gas, industrial and marine industries along with government assets and commercial infrastructure including heritage buildings.
Due to an exciting and rapid growth period, we now have a newly created opportunity for an experienced SMP Estimator to join our team in our Balcatta based office.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the SMP Estimator is responsible for all aspects of estimate coordination, preparation and risk review. Your role ensures tenders are accurate, submitted on time and within the conditions of the tender. You will be engaging with internal and external stakeholders and working as part of a supportive and growing projects division. You will play a critical role in driving Duratec’s continued growth and success in the market.
Your key duties will include:
- Cost estimating and reporting
- Coordination of third-party pricing enquiries
- Subcontractor identification and engagement
- Liaison with various business units to develop and deliver competitive winning estimates
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders
Along with your water infrastructure SMP Estimator experience within a Tier 2 environment and ‘out of the box’ thinking, you will have:
- Proven experience in the preparation of tenders for market including full compliance of tender documentation with client requirements
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Sound background in water infrastructure, brownfields fuel projects and general services
- Demonstrated client and supplier relationship management skills
- A strong financial, business and commercial acumen with the ability to write and execute effective cost plans
- High level attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Able to maximise profit on turnover through the tender process
- The highest levels of safety standards and an awareness of conditions affecting HSEQ
This opportunity will require successful candidates to undergo a medical and police check.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form. Previous applicants are not required to reapply. Please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 6206 6992 with any confidential queries regarding the opportunity.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend