Job no: 492739
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Wangara, Perth - Balcatta
Duratec Australia is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia’s fastest growing privately companies with over 15 branches across Australia. We specialise across a variety of industries including Defence, Mining, Industrial, Oil and Gas, Marine as well as Government Assets and Commercial Infrastructure.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to an ever-growing portfolio of design and construct contracts, we are currently seeking an experienced Design Manager to join our growing Perth Team at our Head Office in Wangara. Reporting to our Lead Design Manager, you will be a key member of the Project Management team and responsible for all design aspects of the projects.
This key role will provide visible leadership and direction to our internal project management team to ensure constructible designs are delivered to our Client's requirements. The Design Manager will oversee design, forecasting, schedule, people and quality, whilst maintaining a strong relationship with the Client, internal and subcontract personnel as well as our onsite construction teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the design process to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to highest quality standards
- Establish the design and construction methodology and process, from end to end delivery to construction
- Manage the design works, including liaison with the Cost planners to ensure that the design deliverables meet the cost plan constraints for each trade package
- Liaise with the Contracts Team to assemble the trade package documentation
- Review all design deliverables for completeness and constructability and manage the review of all drawings by the Project Team
- Validate design status by identifying any gaps or omissions
- Establish effective relationships in the area in order to produce best concepts and solutions for our Client
- Incorporate constructability smarts and innovations in the design outcome
- Understand and provide cost estimates for developed design options
- Be able and competent in achieving program targets
- Produce and present accurate project reports and forecasts
- Liaise closely with the Lead Design Manager on all daily project activities
- Assist with the ongoing development of company systems and standards
- Tertiary qualified in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or similar
- 5-8 years Multi-disciplined Design Management experience, ideally working with a Contractor delivering projects from commencement to completion - Defence Experience is highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time and within budget
- The ability to think strategically and challenge conventions if better alternatives exist
- Strong awareness of modem design systems, processes and technology
- Solid understanding of costings and project budgets
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office - AutoCAD and Revit experience would be desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Our supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Career Development
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Work-Life Balance
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend