Job no: 492714
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Project Engineering
Duratec Australia is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 15 branches across Australia servicing the mining, oil and gas, industrial and marine industries along with government assets and commercial infrastructure including heritage buildings. Our highly experienced Defence division is dedicated to the delivery of capital facilities infrastructure and estate works program projects across Australia nationally.
Due to growth in our portfolio of awarded contracts within the Defence sector, we are currently seeking a switched-on Project Engineer with a building background to join our Townsville operations. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the project team in all day to day operations and running of our Defence projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and coordination of works, equipment and personnel
- Compiling and creating QA/QC documentation
- Coordinating direct labour workforce, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Programming and scheduling works
- Quantity take-offs
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry - Defence Project experience is a definite advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work methodically and autonomously
- Current Drivers Licence
- Willingness to travel to Defence sites as required
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We are currently undergoing a period of growth and are seeking motivated, highly organised individuals with strong interpersonal skills to join our project delivery and support teams. Our supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Career Development
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company, then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend